Fueling your body before a workout is important. But when is the perfect time to grab that quick meal and what should it be? Dieticians suggest if it is a small/ lighter meal have it 30 minutes before, if it is a heavier meal, have it almost 3 hours before. When it comes to making your meal, you want to opt for healthier, more wholesome snacks than anything riddled with processed fats and lots of ingredients.
Here are 7 energizing meal ideas that are great for your pre-workout:
- Banana with peanut butter: Super easy to digest! Bananas contain loads of potassium, which is important in delivering nutrients and preventing fatigue.
- Toast and nut butter: A great balance of fiber and protein.
- Oats with fruit: Oats are high in carbohydrates which help you keep full for longer, by adding fruit you’ll have a nice boost of natural sugar.
- Balanced smoothie: Dieticians suggest a smoothie made of 1 cup of fruit and 2 cups of vegetables are the perfect pre-workout. It is easy-to-digest carbs, with fiber and other healthy nutrients.
- Hard-boiled egg with a piece of toast: The hard-boiled egg is a great source of protein, where the piece of toast is a great source of carbs, necessary for energizing your workout.
- Dried fruit with mixed nuts: Fruits are easy-digestible carbs, so adding mixed nuts is a great touch of protein.
- Whole grain bar: Amazing for a quick grab and go meal. Look out for bars that are fiber and whole grain rich!
Which one of these meals will you be giving a try before your workout rubies? Is there something else you enjoy eating before your workout? Share with us! ♥︎
It is breast cancer awareness month this month! Here are 6 IMPORTANT things you need to do when checking your BREASTS:READ MORE NOW