With it being breast cancer awareness month this month. We thought it would be appropriate to discuss all things breasts. 150 people are diagnosed with breast cancer per day. We know that is a difficult statistic to swallow but all the more reason to check your breasts this month and go for a doctors check-up.
If you are shy and would prefer to check them yourself before heading to the doctor here are some handy tips on the right ways to check your breasts at home that could save your life.
What to keep a look out for when checking your breasts:
- Changes in skin texture
- Nipple discharge
- A swelling armpit or around the collarbone
- A sudden change in size or shape of your breast
- A rash or crusting around the nipple or surrounding area
- Nipple inversion
What to feel when checking your breasts:
- It is important to get into a normal rhythm of checking your breasts. This will help you detect anything abnormal relatively quickly.
- Feel for any irregular lumps which may vary from being very small to quite substantial. These lumps are usually firm and solid.
Remeber rubies we are always here for you and just want you all to be proactive when it comes to any of these health concerns.
We got you! Let us know in the comments section below who of you will be checking your breasts this month?