March is here, and although it is one of the most beautiful months of the year, our skin is changing as we move out of Summer and into Autumn. Remember those important resolutions you made at the beginning of this year – well if yours was focusing more on your skin health and skincare in general this one’s for you.
It is so important to update your daily beauty products and routine as the seasons change – a good moisturiser is a must and remember you still need to keep applying that sunblock!
Some of you might not be ready to kiss Summer goodbye just yet but despite that we still need to be fully prepared for the effect Autumn can have on our skin. Autumn brings cooler weather and a drop in humidity which makes for dry, stale air and even drier skin. Match this with dry heat from heaters and it’s chemistry for a skin disaster.
We are here to help you reassess your go-to-skin-care-routine and remind you that it’s always good to approach skin care seasonally, like you do with your wardrobe.
- Try a thicker moisturiser – no more lightweight, oil free moisturisers it’s time to bulk up with a heftier hydrator this aids in preventing skin dehydration.
- Add body lotion to you daily routine – With Summer coming to an end you may start to feel dry and itchy because of the lack of moisture in the air. One way to stop the itch is to load up on hydration.
- Cut back on exfoliating – Cooler weather means cutting back on robust ingredients like retinoids and glycolic acid. It’s very easy to overdo it but we say put down the exfoliator for a little bit because you’ll know if you are going hard on your skin when it’s constantly inflamed and irritated.
- Invest in a humidifier – Dry heat that we get from being around heaters in the office or your own apartment can cause a serious threat to your skin barrier. This can lead to flaking, peeling and cracking this is where the humidifier comes into play.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT THESE COMPETITIONS STILL RUNNING
Congratulations to our lucky winner: Lameez Bayat Janson! Who has won a fragrance of her choice worth R2000! We will be in contact with you today, 1st March 2022, regarding details. Thank you for participating.
With it being the month of love we wanted to do a little fun-filled giveaway during the month of love!
Stand a chance to WIN a R1500 for all your skincare needs
- All you have to do is comment below and tell us how you change up your skincare routine as the seasons change.
- Competition closes at midnight on 31st of March 2022 and winners will be announced in the April Newsletter but contacted via email on the 1st of April 2022
Don’t forget to comment below and enter 🧴
Here’s to another incredible year with you rubies 💋
rise up beautiful you
Competition T&C: This competition is open to all South African residents and rubybox members only. R1500 cash prize. One winner will be selected. The selected winner will be contacted via email. To enter you need to follow the exact instructions as mentioned above. The winner will be emailed on 31/03/2022 and will have 48 hours to acknowledge winning. Should the winner fail to do this within 48 hours of being notified another winner will be selected in their place. The competition will close at midnight 31/03/2022 and the winner will be announced in the April Newsletter on rubybox on 1/04/2022. Judge’s decision is final.