What Your Period Says About Your Health

We are all familiar with the period struggle but each and every person experiences slightly different symptoms from one another. You may suffer from super painful period pains while the next person may suffer from extremely bad PMS. You may get your period every 24 days and your best friend may only see hers every other month.

So here is what your period is telling you..

If You Have PMS – 

Typical PMS symptoms include acne, bloating, sore boobs, irritability and mood swings. A contribution to these factors are probably due to diet as well as digestion. By just changing your diet it will make a huge difference. When the body functions are optimal then our needs are meet much more often and our hormones will regulate by themselves.

If You Have Heavy Bleeding – 

If you are experiencing heavy bleeding this can mean that the lining of the womb may not have built fully or that it did not shed fully. To address these causes we suggest you see your gynaecologist and structure a treatment plan incorporating dietary and lifestyle changes.

If You Have A Short Period – 

This could be an underlying medical condition such as fibroids which in this case we suggest you have a check up with your gynaecologist or GP for further investigation.

If You Have A Short Cycle – 

A cycle shorter than 28 days can indicate that the ovaries may contain fewer eggs and that menopause could be on the horizon. Some women naturally have a shorted cycle, dietary supplements can aide in producing hormones which will improve the overall egg quality.

If You Have A Long Cycle – 

A cycle loner that 28 days can be caused by a lack of regular ovulation. During a normal cycle the hormone progesterone causes us to have our period. If the follicle does not mature and ovulate the progesterone is not released and the uterus lining continues to build. The lining eventually becomes too thick that it is forced to shed, this resulting in the period.

Please note that if you are developing or experiencing any of the above we suggest you seek medical help from your GP or Gynaecologist.


Leave a Reply