It is time to find out exactly what difference a toner can make in your skin care regime.
You either use toner religiously in your skincare routine or you just don’t really understand why on earth you need to add yet another step.
What are some of the benefits of using a toner?
- Toner is like a special water it contains beneficial ingredients such as salicylic acid, antioxidants and anti-inflammatories.
- It is known to absorb into the skin incredibly quickly giving it an immediate burst of hydration.
- It can also help get rid of dead skin cells and remove any excess dirt or oil that has been left behind by your cleanser.
- Toner also helps balance the skin’s pH level which is often thrown off by cleansers which leads to dry skin.
What ingredients should you look for in a toner for your skin type?
- Oily/Acne: Tree tree or witch hazel
- Normal/Combination: Rose or aloe vera
- Ageing/Dry/Sensitive: Chamomile or lavendar
With that being said toners are not necessary, but they can be a great adjunct to a skincare regimen for those that need help with oily skin or markedly plugged pores. It my not fix all your skin woes over night, but it most definitely will help.
Do you use a toner rubies?
Comment below and let us know your skin type and the brand of toner you use.