rubies talk: diet & healthy eating

rubies talk: Diets & Healthy Eating

Welcome to our second edition of #rubiestalk – thank you to all the rubies who took part in our very first edition, “rubies talk: positivity” which you can find here. Our topic for this week is rubies talk: diets & healthy eating.

We want to hear about how things are going with you in regards to your regular diet & healthy eating as well as fitness and workouts.

Have you started getting active and walking more, or have you been couch surfing while comfort eating?

Let us know if you have any tips that have been working for you or if you have any questions on how everyone seems to be able to work out or run with a mask on except you? (Or is that just us….)

Comment below with any feedback, questions, or advice and respond to another rubies comment if you connect with it or if you have some advice. (*Click here to give topic suggestions or feedback on our #rubiestalk initiative)

rubybox HQ

x

*This is an open space for you, our rubies, to speak honestly to yourself and with one another, encourage one another, and to offer or ask for help regarding the topic at hand. (*Click here to give topic suggestions or feedback on our #rubiestalk initiative)

41 thoughts on “rubies talk: Diets & Healthy Eating

1. Noma says:

Lockdown has not interfered with my exercise instead I do it more before I was lazy to to class exercise but now I joined an instructor on Instagram @nkosifitness who does class live every morning so I don’t miss a thing and my diet is the same I love home cooked food I hate junky and I have been consistent with my exercises have been doing them every day. I realise I love kick session there were not my favorite. Remember any exercise is better than no exercise And tomorrow we have fit fusion with virgin active at 8 please do join live and drop it like a squat

2. Anda Mbambalala says:

Lockdown has really affected my healthy eating and exercise routine. I have done a lot of binge eating , went back to eating anything and everything that I crave for, and as a result I have gained so much weight. Now that we on level 4 and can exercise, I have committed myself to get back to my runs and eat healthy. For the life of me I cannot run/ workout with a mask on, I suffocate.

3. ayanda makhoba says:

to be honest I have not worked out for years just been lazy. with my diet, it on and off the good thing is I am on my second day on a diet I just need to commit myself to start with exercising asap, watch this space.

4. ncubesiphalegal says:

When gyms closed it was very hard for me to accept that l cnt go to the gym anymore. However, I am getting used to exercising from home now and enjoying it.

5. Gaisano Mogorosi says:

So I have also started morning walks/jogging and walking up and down the stairs. You can also go to You Tube for home exercises I follow Mr&Mrs Muscle they have some fun and effective 10min or 15min exercises, they do get hectic though but they are doable…

6. Natasha Cuttings says:

Morning Ruby Family, I am on point with eating and fitness, try only eating fruits and vegetables, drink fresh 100% juices only, have smoothies. For weight loss try intermittent fasting. For sweet treats have dried fruit or banana smoothies with coconut milk and cinnamon .

7. Nkosazana says:

The healthy living tip is going well for me so far. I have introduced green smoothies to my diet and my digestive system is thanking me, together with my skin. Sometimes the things that really improve our healthy lifestyle are just a blender and greens away❤️