Everyone loves a good deal, especially in January when expenses of the festive season begin to catch up with us.
The journey to finding the best deals takes time and effort, but it means you are getting more value for your money.
Here are some tips to become a bargain hunter:
- Friends and family are often a great source of information. Tell everyone what you looking for and you will most likely find someone who has or knows exactly where you can get what you are looking for at a great price.
- Get social. It pays to follow your favourite stores and brands on social media.Many brands will announce special flash sales for their social media followers. But tread carefully here. Sometimes, following your favorites on social media can tempt you with major impulse buys, so look out!
- Be a savvy buyer, dont fall into the trap of ‘buying cheap’ but rather invest in products that will give you value for your money. You would not like to make a purchase and end up having a faulty product a few months down the line.
- Shop on the right day. Keep an eye out for sales that drop on certain days of the week. Many stores roll out special discounts and deals on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Leave Items in your cart. Just because you’ve put the item into your cart doesn’t mean you have to buy it right then and there. If you abandon your shopping cart, many sites will send a savings offer in a follow-up email if you just sit back and wait. This is a great way to score a 10–20% off coupon code with little effort. Instead of acting right away, just be patient! Bonus: You’ve just avoided an impulse buy!
Here are some Instagram pages that can help you save a buck:
So rubies will any of you be giving these bargain deals a try? Let us know in the comments section below.