rubies, happy September and happy Spring! There is officially 4 months left of this life-changing, crazy year, 2020 – can you believe it? We certainly can’t.
If this year taught us something, it was to stay positive and to help others in a time of difficulties and uncertainty. It’s not easy, we know, being kind to yourself or staying positive when you are not entirely sure what tomorrow or the following week looks like.
But, we are here for each other and finding peace in the small things that make us happy. Which brings us to our fav topic and something that has been very emphasised this year, self-love. It’s easy to convey love to others, but it so important to learn what your SELF-love language is, to show yourself the kindness and love you deserve. Here are some examples of what the 5 love languages looks like by showing yourself love:
- Quality time: Spend some quality time with yourself. Watch a movie you love, do arts & crafts, start a garden or go on a walk/ hike!
- Physical touch: Do your skincare routine, do some light yoga/ stretches, take a bubble bath or eat your fav fruit or veg.
- Acts of service: Declutter and tidy up your personal space, donate to charity or meal prep your fav lunch.
- Words of affirmation: Compliment yourself in the mirror, write positive notes, watch a TED Talk on your fav topic, or write down what you are thankful for every morning.
- Receiving gifts: Invest in your hobbies, start a DIY project, buy yourself a tea/ coffee that calms you or just go out and treat yourself!!
We challenge you to try at least one of these this month. Do something you love, you truly deserve it. What is your self-love language? Let us know in the comments ♥︎ Share your self-love ideas with others!
What we have going on this month
We have a couple of exciting test & review products coming up for hair, skin and something for our rubies’ men! A reminder to please make sure your delivery address in your beauty profile is up to date. We still have some rubies who match products but do not have a delivery address, so we have to remove them from the selected group 🙁CHECK DELIVERY DETAILS NOW
Keep your eyes out for our exciting 48hr competitions on social media! Give us a follow on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to enter and stand a chance to win some amazing goodies!INSTAGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
It’s our 9th birthday, Whoohoo!
Thank you to all our rubies for being with us on our journey, we hope to continue to inspire you to rise up beautiful you for many more years to come! In celebration of our birthday this month we feel like spoiling you rubies with one of these spring fragrances to the value of a R1000!
How to enter the competition:
- Comment and say how long you have been a rubybox member (For example 2 years, about 1 month etc)
- Tag any friend of yours that hasn’t joined rubybox yet. Get them to join by creating a beauty profile on the rubybox website.
- Once this is complete, for an extra entry share this article on social media and tag your friend. *Please note once your friend has become a member of rubybox she is more than welcome to enter the competition herself and tag her friends to join.
**Competition T&C: This competition is open to all South African residents and rubybox members only. The prize is one of the above perfumes to the value of a R1000. 1 winner to be selected. The perfume cannot be exchanged for cash. The selected winner will need to have a physical South African delivery address for the prize to be sent to. The winner will need to select only one of the above perfumes. To enter you need to follow the exact instructions as mentioned above (Comment and say how long you have been a rubybox member, tag any friend that hasn’t joined rubybox yet. Get them to join by creating a beauty profile on the rubybox website.) The nominated friend will have to have created a rubybox account, if not, another winner will be selected. The winner will have 48 hours to acknowledge winning as well as confirm their delivery details and perfume of choice. Should the winner fail to do this within 48 hours of being notified another winner will be selected in their place. The competition will close 28/09/2020 and the winner will be announced 29/09/2020. Judge’s decision is final.