We all have a few favorite restaurants and take-aways we’re missing during the lockdown, and if KFC is one of them you’re in luck. There is a woman in London who claims she has discovered the closest at-home KFC chicken recipe.
Ernestina Agyei who lives in London tried various spice combinations before finding the perfect mix of 11 spices to make the famous chicken at home. Yes you heard us right – an at-home KFC chicken recipe.
KFC itself saw her post on social media and they rated her recipe 9 out of 10 calling it ‘exquisite’!!! Now that sounds like a ‘finger-licking-good’ score!
Although it’s not 100% the same as the delicious original recipe – it’s probably the closest we’ll get to KFC while on lockdown – and that’s good enough for us.
Below you will find Ernestina’s step-by-step recipe and if you CLICK HERE you will see the recipe in her Instagram story highlights.
At-home KFC chicken recipe in 13 steps:
- Mix 1 cup of flour, with one 1 tablespoon of the following: – sea salt, thyme, oregano, garlic salt, ground ginger, black pepper, onion powder, slap ya mamma (which is a mix of black pepper, red pepper, and garlic) and two tablespoons of paprika
- Add 1 tablespoon of aromat
- Add one table of crushed chili and set aside
- Mix one cup of flour, 1/2 cup of oat milk, one egg, and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and slap ya mama
- Add half a grated nutmeg into the mixture
- Season chicken with aromat
- Coat chicken with plain flour
- Coat chicken with batter
- Coat chicken with seasoned batter mix
- Coat well in the flour and shake off any excess
- Deep-fry chicken in hot oil
- Repeat for each drumstick
- Cook on high heat for 15 minutes
So rubies are you ready to get cooking?
Comment below and let us know if you’ll be trying this recipe – or what restaurant/take-way recipe you wished you had during the lockdown? Click here to see more recipes on rubies cooking.
Stay home and keep safe rubies