Despite what media may lead you to believe, happiness can’t be achieved through numbers on the scale. Feeling good about yourself is so much more important than striving for a certain body type — especially when that body type simply isn’t obtainable. Rather than a too-small pair of jeans or a fashion model in a magazine, the best weight loss motivation tends to be the energy you feel after an invigorating workout or the joy that’s sparked when you feel good in a new dress, and if you need some inspiration, then these weight loss motivation quotes can help you get started.
Remember: Every body is different, so the weight loss plan that works for your friend may not work for you. Likewise, it’s important to think about why you want to lose weight rather than simply doing so out of a feeling of obligation. A smaller number on the scale doesn’t equate to health, after all, just as a smaller body is not necessarily a healthier one. If you’re just getting started with your weight loss journey, then here are a few things to keep in mind:
Focus on moderation, not restriction.
As tempting as it is to restrict your eating with the hopes of getting fast results, weight loss won’t happen overnight. Be patient with yourself. Long-lasting results come from improving your diet and incorporating exercise in ways that you can sustain rather than making extreme changes.
Forget your “goal weight.”
Though it may seem like a good motivation to work towards a certain number, too much focus on the scale can lead to frustration. Yes, a shrinking waistline is exciting for some, but allow yourself to enjoy the growing feeling of confidence instead, no matter what your scale or clothing tag may say.
Celebrate small victories.
You don’t have to wait until you achieve a certain goal to reward yourself — and no, rewards don’t have to involve indulgence, either. Whether you’re on day one or day 365 of your weight loss journey, take the time to smile at yourself in the mirror and appreciate the progress you’ve made, because even that first step is a big one. You can never underestimate the power of positive thinking, and if you need a dose of positivity, then these inspirational quotes about weight loss should help.
20 quotes for weight loss motivation
1. Tony Horton – “Eliminate the mindset of can’t — because you can do anything.”
2. Toni Sorenson – “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumb bell; it starts in your head with a decision.”
3. Dana Linn Bailey – “If you have discipline, drive, and determination… nothing is impossible.”
4. Bob Harper – “It has to be hard so you’ll never ever forget.”
5. Michael Boyle – “Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you.”
6. Jim Wendler – “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.”
7. Bonnie Pfiester – “Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.”
8. Venus Williams – “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.”
9. Jenna Wolfe – “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.”
10. Kerri Walsh Jennings – “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.”
11. Jillian Michaels – “Nobody is perfect, so get over the fear of being or doing everything perfectly. Besides, perfect is boring.”
12. Gene Tunney – “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.”
13. Jenna Wolfe – “You didn’t gain all your weight in one day; you won’t lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself.”
14. Lou Holtz – “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
15. Ted Lindsay – “I always believed if you take care of your body it will take care of you.”
16. Anne Wilson Schaef – “Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.”
17. Beverly Sills – “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.”
18. Jillian Michaels – “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!”
19. Michael Jordan – “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
20. Julius Erving – “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.”
Which one speaks to you the most rubies? Let us know in the comments below xx
inspired by womensday.com