It’s slowly warming up and almost time to get your bikini from the bottom drawer and dust it off.
So we’ve found some easy tips for you to start on your summer body – now don’t get us wrong, it’s not about losing weight to fit into that bikini – for us, it’s more about being healthy and feeling good which ultimately looks good 🙂
- First thing in the morning drink 1 cup of warm water with lemon – this will help you get that ‘glowing skin’ as well (bonus) Drink lots of water throughout the day and a glass before each meal.
- Drink lots of green Tea (in morning: has natural caffeine) and try stick away from diet and regular soft drinks.
- Stay away from sugar and salt. Too much salt can cause water retention.
- Try stick to whole foods if you want to eat carbs (whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread. Read labels, companies put white flour in and call it whole wheat) Or try a baked sweet potato instead of a normal potato – Sweet potato fries in the oven are also delicious
- Eat all the vegetables you want – these are great alternatives to carbs as they are full of fibre and nutrients.
- Try have an early supper and keep away from eating anything after 7PM
- Eat mostly lean protein and remember to stick to good fats such as avocado, coconut oil and nuts (only a handful size portion)
- Drink 1 protein drink a day (skim milk with whey protein powder – or try Skinny Scoop Protein Ice-Cream – guilt free dessert!
- Get 8 hours sleep – not only for beauty, your body functions better when you are well rested.
- Never weigh yourself – you are not defined by the number on your scale. Plus – if you are working out and toning the number is irrelevant and muscle weighs more than fat.
- Write a food diary every day to stay on track. You will be surprised at how much you actually eat during the day. Write down the time and out of 5 how hungry you are at the time of your meal. 1 being ravenous and 5 being boredom eating.
- Read labels. Most foods are advertised as ‘low fat’ and healthy snacks – often these low-fat foods are just replaced with sugar to keep the taste.
- Never go on a restrictive diet or on a program diet (They only serve to mess with your metabolism and eventually make you gain more weight, in the long run.) To maintain a good weight and toned body requires a lifestyle change, not a fad diet or program.
Feel good about who you are, as you are. Acceptance is key. We are all our own kind of beautiful – as long as you respect your body and treat it well.
As they say, ‘You are what you eat’