October - Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast cancer remains the most common form of cancer in women of all races and ethnicities. According to the 2009 National Cancer Registry, 1 in 33 women in South Africa have a lifetime risk of breast cancer.
Breast cancer among South African women is increasing and it is one of the most common cancers among women in South Africa.
Regular self-breast examination and regular mammograms are key to early detection. Early detection of the condition can lead to effective treatment and a positive prognosis.
Signs and symptoms. (ALL new and unusual lumps or breast changes should be evaluated as soon as possible by your physician.)
- New and unusual breast lumps (Most women have lumps in their breasts.Check your breasts monthly for changes)
- Change in nipple appearance: the shape or the skin may change.
- Unusual nipple discharge: especially stained with blood
- Change in the skin of the breast
- A lump or swelling under the arm
Share this article with the special women in your life and lets make sure we are all doing our monthly checks!!!
Keep safe and healthy rubies xxx
Support PinkDrive by buying pink goodies and show your support http://www.pinkdrive.co.za/shop/