March Red-Hot rubyman - Chad Saaiman
Please meet this months Red-Hot rubyman, Chad Saaiman!
1. Please tell us a little about yourself and how you got your start in the music industry?
I am a singer, songwriter, MC and entertainment entrepreneur. I got my start in the music industry after entering Idols S1 (Ages ago) and then stepped into a show at The Baxter Theatre. After this I started writing songs and wrote for artists such as Loyiso Bala and the rest is history!
2. What is the most romantic thing you have all done on date?
Told her to be home at 5pm, flowers on arrival. Set out her dress, shoes & fragrance, then took her out to a beautiful dinner with great views of the city (champagne, of course), then out to dance & party the night away, just us two. She falls asleep in my arms as we had home in the Uber. I think romance should be fun.
3. What does beauty mean to you?
Beauty can't be defined by just one thing. It's a combination of all the things that she effortlessly does to move you and make you feel like there's nothing else that matters, just that moment, in isolation. Her eyes, her laugh, the way she thinks, her heart, her smile and her character.
4. If you could go on a date with anyone who would that be?
5. Highlight of your careers so far?
Playing the Cape Town International Jazz Festival & Touring London.
6. Best pick-up line?
Don't really use them, but..."Hey, I'm Chad."
7. What's next for Chad Saaiman?
I'm focusing on more collaborations musically, and with fashion and sport. My focus is to create culture more than just create music.
8. What does proudly South African mean to you?
It means that I am a product of a country that is so diverse and a country that has one of the most complex cultural structures. In other words, it means I can be myself, whoever I want to be.
9. Ever been stalked by a fan? Any funny stories?
Yes! There were a few occasions I put up pics of me at a certain hotel - and kept being tagged by a fan online who would put up a pic pretty much staring at where they thought my room was.
10. Finally the rubies would love to know, do you have a girlfriend?
Yes I do : )
If you want to get in touch with Chad you can find him on these social media platforms:
@ChadSaaiman on Twitter/FB/IG/Snapchat