How To Fall Asleep In 5 Minutes
Are you spending more time trying to fall asleep rather than actually sleeping? Well if your answer is yes, you are not alone.
Just the act of trying to fall asleep can cause a cycle of anxiety that keeps our minds awake at night.
According to scientists there are tricks which are said to flip the switch and guide your body into relaxation mode. One being the 4-7-8 breathing method.
The 4-7-8 breathing method involves meditation and visualisation, this method becomes more effective with practice.
Place the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth, keep your tongue there for the duration of this exercise.
How to do once cycle of 4-7-8 breathing:
- Let your lips part slightly and make a whooshing sound as you exhale through your mouth.
- Then close your lips and inhale silently through your nose. Count to 4 in your head.
- Then hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- After, exhale (with a whoosh sound) for 8 seconds.
- Avoid being too alert at the end of each cycle. Try to practice it mindlessly.
- Complete this cycle for four full breaths. Let your body sleep if you feel relaxation coming on earlier than anticipated.
If you find that the 4-7-8 method does not work for you perhaps try investing in blackout curtains or listening to music before going to sleep.
Rubies let us know if you have any tricks when it comes to beating insomnia. X