Get (More) Beautiful While You Sleep
Beauty Sleep… We all know we need at least 8hours but let’s get real, who has 8 hours to dedicate to sleep Every. Single. Night. So, we searched the internet for some tips to get the most out of whatever amount of sleep we can get a night. Ready? Let’s start:
- Eat and drink as many wholesome, natural foods during the day. Stay away from anything with sugar and caffeine after 2pm. Caffeine and sugar give us energy spikes and this can affect sleep patterns later in the evening. Rather opt for a piece of fresh fruit if you have a sweet tooth, or a nice herbal tea (rooibos is our favourite plus it's packed with antioxidants and is caffeine free).
- Get active where you can every day. This will not only help you sleep better but will also mean you wake up with so much more energy, and your body and skin will love you for it. Remember to stay hydrated by drinking enough water. For every hour of extra activity, you should be drinking one extra litre of water.
- Moisturise. Moisturise. Did we mention moisturise? You should be putting a good moisturiser on before bed every night to hydrate your skin overnight.
- Silky smooth sleep… A silk pillow case can help your hair feel softer and keep your blow dry intact (this is due to the pillow not causing friction while you move in your sleep, therefore less static energy is built up). A silk pillow case can also help your face feel and look slightly smoother when you wake as there are no ‘creasing’ patterns engraved in your skin.
- You all know this one rubies. So, staying hydrated throughout the day definitely helps you get a good night’s sleep.
- When you sleep, your body is hard at work creating growth hormones, which play an important role in cell regeneration and repair, and maintenance of good health. A lack of sleep can reduce your body’s production of important health-promoting hormones as well as antioxidant activity, contributing to premature ageing of the skin and body.
- Clean properly. Cleansing is essential to wash away the day’s grease and grime (plus the contouring and foundation). No matter how tired (or how many glasses of wine you’ve had) always clean your face before you go to sleep. Feeling lazy?
Got any other beauty sleep tips or tricks which help you have a more beautiful sleep?