Dish #5 - Luyanda - Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream & Waffle With A Touch Of Gold
I did a vanilla bean ice cream which I paired with a waffle with a touch of Gold.
The touch of gold reminded me of the beautiful shimmer the Labello packaging has, the waffle was also topped with a vanilla macaroon (store bought)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 1 egg,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a bowl beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Add the milk, butter, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in the egg whites until combined.
- Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron.
- Pour batter on waffle iron, set aside once cooked.
If you love dish 5 then comment below and YOU could WIN R2500 (Competition details here)
If you love my recipe please comment below to vote for me – every time you vote you also enter a competition.