Dish 2 - Tebo & Lebo - Vanilla Buttercream Cupcakes
Everybody who knows us knows that we love making pretty food but mostly, we love baking cakes and cupcakes. So, when we got the hint of buttercream and vanilla in the Labello we were like ... hmmm!!
A vanilla cake would be great but of course we had to add our own twist to it. So, we made a lovely vanilla cake sponge, very soft and moist and we played around with the buttercream icing. We added cream cheese to the icing and finished it off with edible glitter which was inspired by the glam gold product. We love making exciting food but we love keeping it simple too.
VANILLA AND BUTTER CREAM CUPCAKES
- 3 cups (345 g) sifted flour
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups (350 g) white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake cups.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and sugar until well combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- Mix till the batter and we'll combined and smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Insert a pin, it must come out clean.
- Leave to cool before icing.
VANILLA BUTTER ICING
- 200 g soft cream cheese
- 100 g softened butter
- 85 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat the cheese and butter until lump-free.
- Then add in the sugar and vanilla.
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes and decorate with edible glitter.
If you love this dish then comment below to vote for Tebo & Lebo and YOU could WIN R2500! (Competition details here)
Facebook page: With Love from the Twins