Dish 1 - Gabriella Esposito - Vanilla Buttercream Meringue Kisses
"There is no doubt in saying that Vanilla is one of my all time favourite spices! When I found out what the new Labello lip care flavour was, I immediately craved something creamy, something vanilla-ey, and something light and luscious.
I immediately thought of making pure vanilla meringues, sandwiches together with a silky smooth vanilla buttercream. They're as soft as a kiss and leave a longing taste on the lips - sound familiar?
With a golden shimmer and long-lasting satisfaction, the new Vanilla Buttecream Labello inspired me to make these Vanilla Meringue Kisses.
Delectable, irresistible and totally kissable, this recipe and this Labello lip care will be become a staple in your home (and in your purse!)"
Vanilla Buttercream Meringue Kisses (makes around 30)
For the meringues
- 4 egg whites (around 120g egg whites)
- 240g caster
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- The scraped seeds of one whole vanilla pod
For the Vanilla Buttercream Filling
- 100g unsalted butter, room temp
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 30ml milk
- Gold dust, to serve
- Preheat oven to 110 degrees C and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper or a baking sheet.
- Place the egg whites into a stand mixer and whisk on high until you reach stiff peak stage. You should be able to lift the bowl over your head without any mixture falling out, but do not overwork. You want stiff meringues without the "cloudy, fluffy look"
- While continuing to whisk, add caster sugar one tablespoon at a time. Complete until you have used all of you caster sugar and then add vinegar. Whisk until you have thick, glossy peaks and until the mixture feels smooth - without any grainy textures from the sugar.
- Add vanilla and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Place into a piping bag and pipe your meringue kisses on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then turn off the oven, open the oven door and leave your meringues to rest and for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare buttercream by beating the butter and the icing sugar.
- Add vinegar and milk and beat again until smooth and creamy.
- Place into the fridge until ready to use.
- Assemble meringues by gently smearing buttercream onto one meringue kiss, then seal it closed with another half.
- Continue this process until all of your meringue kisses have a partner, then lightly roll or brush in gold dust.
- Serve immediately or keep in a cool, dry place until ready to serve.
If you love this dish then comment below to vote for Gabriella and YOU could WIN R2500! (Competition details here)
#rubybox #LabelloZA #VanillaButtercream